Saturday, August 16, 2008

IV. (finale)


So that's most of the new images already, which perhaps prompts me to take the camera out again soon; my thrice-yearly shooting schedule is somewhat wanting for productivity. There's a field of grass between beaver-dammed creeks and Dranesville Road I've always been sort of interested in; people used to leave cars they wanted to sell there and write the price and phone across the windshield. Three old ruined rustbuckets hunkered down on a gravel pulloff waiting to capture the fancy of a passerby, presumably already in a nicer, functional automobile.

anyways, that's an old (originally) one-room schoolhouse from the 1880s, I believe. Looks older. Foxes kept setting off the motion lights during the exposure. It's part of a churchyard that as a child was (along with the Castlevania series of Nintendo games, the movie Monster Squad, and Cub Scouts) the inspiration and setting for several "horror adventures" I wrote and illustrated, which are as immensely embarrassing as you may imagine.